2007 - We've made it another year!
I'm not going to make any resolutions because like the majority of us, I never keep them. However, I do have a few goals to make. (Okay, so what's the difference?)
1) I want to lose weight. At least 30 lbs. I will put my "before" picture (fully clothed as not to sicken my readers) online soon. Knowing that my pic is online will be great motivation for me to hurry and loose my weight to replace it with my beautiful diva-ish after picture.
I was going to lose this weight by either competing for a spot on the "Survivor" program, as they seem to all lose a lot of weight during the show, or join the senior women's basketball team. Because I don't like the idea of eating bugs and crap like they do on "Survivor," I've elected the latter.
I'll be on the "rookie" team because I'm SO out of shape. It's 3 on 3 halfcourt B-Ball and they have received national attention. But I won't tell my family where we are practicing or playing because I want NO ONE there to see me! I'm doing this because I love basketball and I want to lose weight. This should be interesting. As a 50 year old, I'll be one of the youngest on the team. I hope some of those 80 year old players won't put me to shame!!!
2) I want to become a better writer/speaker. The purpose of this blog is to engage myself with others to see where I need improvement with my writing. Also, my plans are to open some public forums/seminars on various topics. Working that out right now.
3) Be more respectful of my ex-husband. I've taught my children to love their dad no matter what and given them as much access to him as they desire, and it seems to be working. They do have decent relationships with him as a result, but everynow and then I let something negative about him slip my lips. I have to cut that down to zero.
4) When I do go out on "dates," never let my sons know. They tend to be rude to my fella's and try to scare them away from me.
5) To be a better representative of Christianity - a better servant of our Lord and God. Be as kind and as repectful as possible in my discussions with non-believers. I know there are some believers that don't believe debating about issues is ever permissable. But I'm one of those who believe that isn't the case. Political incorrectness has a lot to do with spiritual issues.
6) Enter a Master's program at a Christian college. It will either be Christian apologetics, or something to do with history. Something that will compliment my writings that I already do. I wouldn't mind having a degree in counseling either. Decisions, decisions!
So those are a few of my New Year's "goals" for 2007. I have a few more things to finish up on Kwanzaa, and then I'll move on to other topics, such as the single-parent and dating, teens and abstinence, and other social issues. I'm not well versed in politics and won't stray into that area too often. But if a situation should arise, then politics it will be!
again, Happy New Year folks!